These triple-choc cakes will be a hit with everyone
100g self raising flour
25g cocoa powder
1 level tsp baking powder
225g unsalted butter, soft
125g caster sugar
2 large free-range eggs
100g dark chocolate, broken up
200g icing sugar
140g chocolate buttons
8 glacé cherries, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Put 16 paper cake cases in bun tins. Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder together.
2. Beat 125g butter in a bowl until softened. Beat in the caster sugar, flour mixture, eggs and 1tbsp milk.. Divide among the cake cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked. Leave to cool.
3. Melt the dark chocolate squares in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Leave to cool until cold but still liquid.
4. Beat the rest of the butter with the sugar, chocolate and 2tbsp of the milk until smooth and creamy. Spread thickly on top of the cakes.
5. Arrange the chocolate buttons on top. Put a cherry half on each cake for a nose.
Calories - 309
Fat - 17.6g
Sat Fat - 10.8g
Sunday, 2 September 2012
I'm really sorry I'm being a bit lazy and can't be bothered to type this recipe today so I just snapped a piccie, I hope it comes out clear enough to read. This also shows where I find most of the recipes, I grab the free magazine most months and post any recipes that have a red/high for the fat content!