Sunflower set honey has a mild, flowery taste and is great for spreading. The biscuits will keep (without the filling) for 5 days in an airtight container.
100g butter, softened
25g caster sugar
2tbsp clear honey
150g self-raising flour
4tbsp sunflower set honey
1tbsp icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Mix the butter, caster sugar and clear honey in a large bowl until evenly mixed.
2. Sift the flour into the bowl and mix to form a stiff dough. Roll the dough into 16 balls and put on the baking tray leaving a gap between them.
3. Flatten the biscuits slightly with the heel of your hand then press firmly with a fork to make ridges.
4. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until golden. Cool on the tray for 10 minutes to firm up, then transfer to a wire rack and leave until completely cold.
5. Just before serving, sandwich the biscuits together with the sunflower set honey and dust with icing sugar.
Calories - 218
Fat - 10.5g
Sat Fat - 6.5g