A twist on the classic dish - the vegetables will help towards your five a day.
200g small cauliflower florets
200g broccoli florets
Pinch of cayenne
600ml skimmed milk
1 level tsp Dijon mustard
75g extra mature Cheddar, grated
50g Stilton, crumbled
4 tomatoes, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Grease an ovenproof dish and sheet of foil large enough to cover it. Add the macaroni to a large pan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes less than instructed. Drain.
2. Add the cauliflower and broccoli to a large pan of boiling water and boil for 4 minutes. Drain.
3. Melt the butter in a pan. Stir in the flour and cayenne and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Off the heat, gradually whisk in the milk. Return to the heat and bring to the boil, whisking, until the sauce has thickened. Add the mustard and season. Remove from the heat.
4. Set aside 25g of the Cheddar. Add the rest plus the Stilton, and stir until melted.
5. Stir in the pasta and veg and 3tbsp water, then put in the dish. Sprinkle with the reserved Cheddar and top with the tomato slices. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
Calories - 573
Fat - 24.1g
Sat Fat - 14g
1 of your 5 a day