This is a lovely moist, spiced cake that freezes well without the icing
225g self-raising flour
1 level tsp ground ginger
1 level tsp ground cinnamon
175g butter, softened
100g light soft brown sugar
100g clear honey
2 large free-range eggs
150g pumpkin or butternut squash (weighed without seeds and skin), grated
100g pine nuts
50g icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Grease a 23cm round cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
2. Sift the flour, ginger and cinnamon together.
3. Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the honey and beat again.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time, adding a spoonful of the flour mix with each.
5. Fold in the rest of the flour, the grated pumpkin and pine nuts. Spoon into the cake tin and level the top.
6. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly pressed. Cool on a wire rack.
7. Mix the icing sugar with 1.5tsp water and drizzle on top.
Calories - 318
Fat - 19.2g
Sat Fat - 8.4g