You can use Prosecco, Cava, Champagne or any dry sparkling wine for this wonderful sauce - plus you get to enjoy the rest of the bottle with your meal!
10g butter, plus 25g extra
480g lightly smoked salmon fillet
4 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
2 shallots, finely chopped
25g plain flour
150ml single cream
1tbsp dill, chopped, plus 4 sprigs to garnish
Brussels sprouts and roast new potatoes, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Grease a roasting tin with 10g butter. Add the fillets and put a parsley sprig on top of each one. Gently pour on the Prosecco - it will foam up at first. Then cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
2. Discard the parsley. Lift the fillets out and put them on a plate. Cover loosely with foil and keep warm. Reserve the Prosecco juice.
3. Melt the rest of the butter in a saucepan and cook the shallots, over a medium heat, until soft, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the flour. Cook over a low heat for a minute, whisking with a wire whisk. Remove from the heat and whisk in the juice. Return to the heat whisking until thickened. Simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Whisk in the cream and chopped dill, then season and reheat. Pour over the salmon and garnish with the dill sprigs. Serve with Brussels and roast new potatoes.
Ready in: 50 mins
Price per serving: £2.74
Calories - 456
Fat - 27.6g
Sat Fat - 11.5g