This creamy ice cream has all the taste of a traditional Christmas pudding and can be frozen in ramekins.
100g dried cranberries
150g glacé cherries, quartered
150g ready to eat dried apricots, cut into pieces the size of a sultana
100g pistachio nuts
150g dark chocolate (50% cocoa solids)
3 large eggs, separated
75g icing sugar
300ml double cream
1. Put the sultanas, cranberries, glacé cherries, apricots and Cointreau in a bowl and cover with clingfilm. Soak for 1-3 days.
2. Line 10 ramekins with a double layer of clingfilm. Chop the nuts.
3. Break the chocolate into squares and melt in a bowl over a pan of simmering water - don't let the bowl touch the water. Remove the bowl.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Gradually whisk in the sugar, a level tablespoon at a time, whisking well after each.
5. In another bowl, whip the cream until it just holds its shape. Beat the yolks with a fork to break them up.
6. Fold the fruit and soaking liquid, nuts and yolks into the cream using a large metal spoon. Gently fold in the whites, turn into the ramekins and cover. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
Ready in: 4hrs 40mins plus soaking
Price per serving: 80p
Calories - 509
Fat - 27.5g
Sat Fat - 13.8g